September 9, 2015
Dear Chicago Chapter Colleagues,
It is hard to believe that the deadline to renew your license with the state of Illinois will be here in 3 weeks- September 30, 2015! To renew your license, go to the IDFPR’s newly updated website: https://www.idfpr.com/renewals/defaultssl.asp
Also, to check on how many hours you have of CE for the current renewal period, go to: https://www.idfpr.com/applications/CE_Lookup/Default.aspx?CredPrefix=553
If you have not completed all 21 hours of CE (NOTE: you need 28 CE hours total including the 7 Hour 2014-2015 USPAP Update that you should have taken by June 30, 2014), please consider the offerings we have at CCAI. The seminars listed below are at the Chicago Chapter classroom – 205 W. Wacker Drive, Suite 202 - unless noted otherwise.
• Real Estate Appraiser Risk Reduction Seminar – 3 hours – September 15
• What Financial Institutions are Looking for in Reviewing Appraisals – 4 hours – September 15
• Business Practices & Ethics – 4 hours – September 16
• Supervisory Appraiser/ Trainee Appraiser Course – 4 hours – September 18
• Illinois Supervisor/ Trainee Appraiser Seminar – 3 hours – September 18
• General Appraiser Income Approach/ Part 1 – 27 hours – September 21-24
• Residential Applications: Using MS Excel to Analyze & Support Appraisal Assignment Results – 7 hours – in Bloomington, IL at the Bloomington-Normal Association of Realtor’s office – September 25
To register for one or more of these seminars, please go to: http://bit.ly/1KE6yyq or call the Chapter at 312-616-9400.
Please join me in congratulating our newly designated members since my last message in early August!
Stacey Elizabeth Nadolny, MAI
Steven T. Chod, MAI
Kristin McGrath, MAI
Paul J. Borysow, MAI, AI-GRS
Ronald R Dooman, MAI, AI-GRS
Thank you to everyone who attended the Dinner meeting in Oak Brook with the Lt. Governor, Evelyn Sanguinetti. Everyone had a great time mingling with the Lt. Governor and listening to her updates about the state of Illinois.
On October 14, 2015, our downstate Illinois members are having a Dinner meeting at the Champaign Country Club. Mark Whitsitt, SRA and Dan Crawmer, MAI, AI-GRS have put together a Bank Underwriter’s Perspective panel. We hope that you will consider attending - http://bit.ly/1OcZng9
Our next Lunch meeting in Chicago will be at Wildfire on November 4, 2015. Dr. Joe Schwieterman from DePaul University will be the guest speaker.
George F. Collins, MAI, FRICS, CRE
COLLINS REAL ESTATE ADVISORS LLC
5 West 2nd Street, Suite 2
Hinsdale, IL 60521