February 18, 2015
Dear Chicago Chapter Colleagues:
We had a quick start to the year with two notable events in January. Thank you to Alexandra Meade and Anthony Uzemack for hosting a Candidates and Trainee Networking Event on January 14th that drew more than 30 people. Additional thanks to Dan Ryan for hosting a Career Seminar on January 27th that 15 new people to the chapter attended.
In addition to our regular educational offerings, we have the following special events on the schedule:
• Wednesday, February 25th, Maureen Sweeney will be teaching Appraising Condos, Co-ops and PUDs at the Microtrain facility in Lombard.
• Thursday, March 12th is the annual Conditions of the Chicago Real Estate Market program in our downtown Chicago classroom. Kevin Byrne and Ron DeVries will be moderating this year.
• Dean Zantow will be teaching three residential seminars – Whatever Happened to Quality Assurance in Residential Appraisal on April 16th and two 4 hour seminars – Unraveling the Mystery of Fannie Mae and Litigation Assignments for Residential Appraisers on April 17th in the downtown Chicago classroom.
• The first Chicagoland Residential Conditions Seminar at Microtrain in Lombard will be held on Wednesday, April 22nd. Special thanks to John McMahon and TJ McCarthy for organizing this event.
• We have more events in Bloomington this year including the IDFPR Enforcement Process with Craig Capilla on the evening of March 11th at the Chateau Hotel.
At our February 11th Lunch meeting at Wildfire, in Chicago, we solidified our Nominating Committee. Sharon Bagby will be the Chair and will serve with members John McMahon, Craig Slonkosky, Barton DeLacy, and Ben Pennisi. In the coming weeks, we will be sending out via email the Volunteer/ Nominating Committee Questionnaire for those interested in serving the chapter as board members and regional representatives in 2016. I urge all those who wish to serve to apply. You may preview our service opportunities on the CCAI website – www.ccai.org/get_involved.php.
George F. Collins, MAI, FRICS, CRE
COLLINS REAL ESTATE ADVISORS LLC
5 West 2nd Street, Suite 2
Hinsdale, IL 60521